[sane-devel] You guys need information about HP Scanjet 3970?

Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:13:57 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 10:36:21PM +0100, Ripper2004@web.de wrote:
> Hi, I bought a new Scanjet a few days ago, but did not check the
> Linux compatibility. Now I know that it is not supported yet. On the
> SANE Homepage I saw that there is already some Information about the
> scanner. And before I spam the Mailing List with dozens of lines from
> sane-find-scanner -v -v or cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I wanted to ask
> if there is some requirement for this kind of information, or if it
> would be redundant.

As we already have the devices output it's not really necessary.
Additional information may be useful hwoever. E.g. if the maunal
and/or Windows drivers that came with the scanner mention other
scanners (e.g. the 3500 sereies). Or, if you don't fear to open thed
evice, what's printed on the chips.