[sane-devel] Problem with Xsane 0.91 and Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB

Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:24:33 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 09:54:21PM +0100, Fabien3D wrote:
> After several tests - and kicks at the back of my scanner - it finally works !
> The problem came from a checked option by default : I don't know its original
> translation, but it could be "Fast calibration". Both "Fast" and "High
> Quality" Calibration were checked at the same time. Unchecking "Fast
> calibration" allowed my scanner to work properly !

The following options are available:

* "Coarse calibration": If you disable this one, you must set offset
  and gain manually for each color.
* "Coarse calibration for first scan only": That's just to make
  scanning a bit faster
* "Quality calibration": That's the white calibration done for every
  pixel of the CCD/CIS sensor.

Which one was it? Telling me the French name is also ok :-)

Are the colors ok now? I.e. is red scanned as ed and there are no
small horizontal stripes?

Which version of sane are you using (scanimage --version)? The version
of xsane is not that important.