[sane-devel] Visioneer Onetouch 4400 USB (Visioneer/Primax Primascan Colorado 2600u, Memorex 6142u)

Keith Watson kpwatson@ukfsn.org
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:04:52 +0000

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:00:09 +1100
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> What I did is simply wait about 20 seconds between operations while writing
> them down. Then later when going through the logs I could use the large gaps
> between URBs to work out what went with what.

Hmm.. there's a concept that works! :o) think I'll try that.

> And posting it to a public place would be a good idea also.

Where's the best place?  Upload them to my own web space?  To the SANE site
somewhere?  To this forum?

> Hope this help,
Yes, thanks very much.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:24:05 -0500 (EST)
"m. allan noah" <anoah@pfeiffer.edu> wrote:
> keith, i dont like snoopypro, i prefer either the original (non-pro) or
> even better, SniffUSB.exe v1.8 from
> http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/index.php
>
> the latter is easier to install, and i like the debug log it makes better.
OK, thanks I'll go and get a copy :o)

> you can cat the output from it into the attached perl script, which cleans
> things up some, though it does not deal with control packets fully...
Many thanks.

> i usually work on adf scanners, which have alot of sensors and buttons,
> usually, so i test them by doing one thing at a time with a pause between
> each, ie: start sniffer, open lid, wait 15 seconds, close lid, wait, push
> paper sensor, wait, button1, wait, button2, etc. then i add paper to the
> scanner, and press the buttons again, etc.
Hmm.. opening and closing the lid, didn't think of that.

> then you stare at the output for awhile, and try to find patterns.
Now where have I had to do that before? :o)

So here is my snoop plan.  I'd be grateful for some feedback about if it can be
changed to give more useful output.  (I'm also going to open and close the lid
to see
if that triggers any activity with the device).

The TWAIN interface for the scanner has the following settings.  I'm not sure
which of these are actually settings for the scanner and which are adjustments
made after it has returned an image:-

Basic Scanner settings;
  Mode: Black & White|Grayscale|True Color
  Res: 75|100|150|200|300|400|500|600|1200|2400|User Defined (dpi)
  Size:3x5|4x6|5x7|Letter|A4|B5|Business Card(3.5x2)|User Defined
(inches|cm|pixels)

Advanced Scanner Settings;
  Brightness: -100...+100 (default=0)
  Contrast: -100...+100 (default=0)
  Colour Balance;
    Red: 0.01...9.99 (default=1)
    Green: 0.01...9.99 (default=1)
    Blue: 0.01...9.99 (default=1)

Pre-set settings to: Black & White, 75dpi, 4"x6",Brightness=0, Contrast=0,
Colour Balance=1

1) Load Snoopy Pro and activate
2) Load Irfanview

Snoop#1 [the idea of this is to be able to identify this bit when it happens in
the later snoops]
3) Open TWAIN interface
4) Close TWAIN interface

wait 30 seconds