[sane-devel] Sane backends 1.0.13 binary packages for MacOS X.

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert@tsl.uu.se
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:17:02 +0100

Hi!

I have updated the binary packages on http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/
to version 1.0.13. Since I now use the cross-compilation SDKs that came
with MacOS X 10.3, I have been able to create packages for Mac OS X
10.1, 10.2 and 10.3. I have only tested the 10.3 package myself, but if
I do otool -L on the binaries they link to the correct versions of the
frameworks for the others, so they should be OK -- please let me know.

On the page there are also packages for libusb for the different MacOS X
versions that it needed in order to install the sane-package. This one
was built using a recent cvs checkout, rather than the latest release,
since some people with USB scanners said it worked better for them. I
don't have a USB scanner myself to test this, so please let me know if
this was a good decision or not.

On the page there are also packages for maciconv and gettext - these are
only needed if you want the recompile the sources. The source with the
patches I used are there too if you want them. The patches to
sane-backends are now in the cvs.

If you want to build applications on top of the SANE libraries and
compile for different versions of MacOS X using the cross-compilation
SDKs, there are SDKs packages on the page that install header files and
stub libraries for the different MacOS X versions into the MacOS X SDK
installation.

With all the MacOS X versions and the SDK packages and everything else,
the number of packages grew almost out of proportion, I hope you can
find the ones relevant for you on the page.

	Mattias

PS. On the page there is also a package containing a TWAIN SANE
Interface that allows you to scan to e.g. GraphicsConverter using the
SANE libraries.

mattias.ellert@tsl.uu.se                           tel: +46 18 471 32 58
http://www.tsl.uu.se/~ellert/                      fax: +46 18 471 35 13