[sane-devel] Re: sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #109 - 3 msgs

Martin Pisz pisz@primus.ca
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:10:41 -0700

Microtek E3 Scanner on Mandrake 9.2 System won't let me scan legal size
documents, just letter size.
Hi I have a Microtek E3 SCSI scanner on Mandrake 9.2 system using a
adaptec 2906 SCSI pci card.  My scanner originally would not work on the
Mandrake 9.2 system until I recompiled the kernel with LUN support off.
No it's working fine, but I can't scan legal size.  It detects it as
Microtek E3.  My old Mandrake 9.0 would detect the scanner, but would
not scan legal size either.  Apparently it was detecting it as generic
scanner.  however xsane .91 did not solve the problem.  Now it detects
it right but still can't scan legal size.  Even if I choose legal port
in the scan area selection box.  Any ideas how to make it scan legal
size?  Otherwise the scanner works perfect.

System
Duron 600, Gigabyte zx-1 VIa KT133 motherboard, adaptec 2906 pci scsi
card, sb live value, 3com hardware modem, microtek E3 scanner, sumsung
ml1210 usb printer and epson stylus 880 usb printer, microsoft force
feedback 2 joystick, viewsonic a90 monitor.