[sane-devel] How to download files for Artec e+48u scanner?

cr cr@orcon.net.nz
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:53:37 +1300

I'm running Debian Woody and have a Artec e+ 48u scanner.   I've read all the
manuals and got to the point where sane-find-scanner works and returns the
right vendor/product id's.

The help file sane-artec_eplus48u.5.html says that I need
the following:

Artec48.usb  off the CD that came with the driver (it doesn't say where to
put it).   I got that one and put it in   /etc/sane.d/  where the  sane
*.conf files seem to be.    I have no idea if that's the right place.

Plus I need:

/usr/local/etc/sane.d/artec_eplus48u.conf
/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-artec_eplus48u.a
or
/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-artec_eplus48u.so

I don't seem to have any sane subdirectory in /usr/local/lib, nor
do I have a /usr/local/etc/
I do have a /etc/sane/d/  where many conf files are (but not the Artec one).

I conclude that Debian Woody probably missed out on the Artec 48u files and
needs an update.   However, following the link from the Sane site
(www.sane-project.org/source.html) to Debian Woody
http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/sane.html  seems not to work; following the
link to the Sid sources at
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libsane.html  gets me "packages
.debian.org is down at the moment"  (yes I know why).

Anyway, I don't really want to download a *huge* package from debian.org (if
and when it ever starts working again) just to get two files.

Can anyone help with the following questions:

Is there anywhere I can download just the e+48u libsane and conf files from?
Where (in a Debian system) should those files go?
Where should the Artec48.usb file off the CD go?

Regards

Chris