[sane-devel] Epson 1640SU, no devices found, RH 8.0

Torben Andersen the.beauty@adslhome.dk
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:23:09 +0100

Hello,

I'm having a tricky problem that I experienced before.
"sane-find-scanner" finds the scanner, but xsane reports: "no devices
found". I don't know how I got it working last time except that it
started working after messing with "SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255" - first as
root, then as user. I'm running RH 8.0 and the problems restarted after
a "up2date", where sane-backend-devel was updated.

The only other clue if from "/var/log/messages": "modprobe: modprobe:
Can't locate module char-major-81" - don't know if its relevant.

Any help for a newbie will bee appriciated.

Regards Torben