[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 on RH 9

sane@vikas.mailshell.com sane@vikas.mailshell.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:11:17 -0800

Just got my Epson Perfection 2400 scanner. Attached it to my RH9 box. Installed the latest sane-backends tarball.

Here is what I see:

sane-find-scanner

does find the scanner

But scanimage -L doesnt find it.

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices does show my scanner.

lsmod also shows the scanner module loaded. Just to be sure I did a
rmmod scanner
modprobe scanner vendor=0x.. product=0x...

No problem here.

I uncommented the
usb /dev/usb/scanner0
line in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf

/etc/sane.d/dll.conf does have the epson line uncommented

If I do a  scanimage -d epson:/dev/usb/scanner0 it says 'Cannot open device'.

Still no luck. What am I missing? Perfection 2400 does seem to be supported by the sane-epson backend.

Help?

Thanks

The FREE service that prevents junk email http://www.mailshell.com