[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 on RH 9

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:52:14 +0100

The soname of all sane libraries have to be "libsane.so.1"
or you will not be able to make a frontend to load
any backend.

The important thing is that the sane-libraries are not in a standard
library path of the system.

Normally all libraries are in
/usr/local/lib/sane
and this path is not searched by ldconfig.
It is not allowed to put /usr/local/lib/sane to /etc/ld.so.conf

in /usr/local/lib
there is normally a copy of libsane-dll.so.* or a link to=20
sane/libsane-dll.so.*

Oliver

On Monday 15 December 2003 00:37, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 12:07:46AM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > I haven't looked at the details but I think they linked scanimage wit=
> > /usr/lib/sane/libsane.so which is libsane-vl4.so for some reason. At
> > least that's what I found out after a similar bug report.
>
> Actually it was the screw-ball hack to ltmain.sh in the tarball -- it
> gave *every* back-end the soname 'libsane.so.1', and so ldconfig
> creates the symlink for every back-end.
>
> Fixed packages are in the pipeline.
>
> Tim.
> */