[sane-devel] Epson 1640SU, no devices found, RH 8.0

Torben Andersen the.beauty@adslhome.dk
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:00:19 +0100

Thanks to everybody; especially Henning and the author of sane-epson:
Karl Heinz. I maded it work by uninstalling everything and reinstalling
from RPM AND it worked ! But before I tried from source with
"./configure --prefix=/usr", make, make install and got this interesting
installation:

[root@0x50a12f26 sane-backends-1.0.13]# ll /usr/lib/sane/libsane.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 dec 15 14:02
/usr/lib/sane/libsane.so.1 -> libsane-v4l.so.1.0.13

So unless something is really rotten in my computer, there is a problem
with the sourcepackage (Henning mentioned this - look above). Or has I
misunderstood something ??

But again thanks for the help !

Regards Torben