[sane-devel] Epson 1640SU, no devices found, RH 8.0

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:43:40 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:28:56PM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> the second problem is that there is a link /usr/lib/sane/libsane.so.1 to
> a libsane library in the same directory.

I think that's caused by ldconfig (called by libtool). You had added a
patch once to call ldconfig with option "-X" from libtool to avoid
creating the links. But that patch must have been lost in the meantime.

However, I don't think it will work nowerdays because the links in
/usr/local/lib won't be created either. And we need those.