[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 on RH 9

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:19:28 +0100

On Monday 15 December 2003 20:38, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> In fact, the INSTALL file may even have been wrong. I can run SANE 0.5
> and 1.0.1 without "/usr/(local/)lib/sane" in /etc/ld.so.conf without
> problem. So that entry may have never been necessary at all.

If I remember correct the problem is only visible when you compile a fron=
tend
after the compilation of sane-0.5. Your recent sane-frontends load the sa=
ne=20
library libsane.so.1 and this is found in /lib/sane as link to a library.

When you compile a frontend against sane-0.5 then the compiler
stores the soname of the libsane library in the frontend. This was
e.g. libsane-dll.so (not libsane.so). When you start such a frontend with=
out=20
/usr/lib/sane in /etc/ld.so.conf then the library is not found and the=20
frontend can not be started.

Oliver

--=20
http://www.xsane.org