[sane-devel] Epson 1640SU, no devices found, RH 8.0

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:35:38 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:00:10PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> At present there is a sane-backends package in the works which undoes
> the hacky (IMHO) libsane.so.1-force in ltmain.sh.

It may be hacky but I don't see any other solution currently.

If you remove the ltmain.sh hack, how do you want to get the linking
independent of the the dll backend working?

Most people won't use that feature but it's advertised in the SANE
standard so it's a basic feature of SANE. I wouldn't call removing a
feature "a fix". Well, it may be a temporary workaround but we all
know how long "temporary" can take :-)