[sane-devel] Visioneer Onetouch 4400 USB (Visioneer/Primax Primascan Colorado 2600u, Memorex 6142u)

Keith Watson kpwatson@ukfsn.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:15:08 +0000

Sorry for the delay in replying.  The Christmas festivities sort of caught up
with me! (most enjoyable! :o) ).

I'm doing a crash course in Apache so I can sort out my web page without going
online each time (yes I know I can always load the html file directly into
Mozilla but there are things I need to use a proper server for :o) ).  So don't
go away.....

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:28:43 -0500 (EST)
"m. allan noah" <anoah@pfeiffer.edu> wrote:
> hah hah. now you see why i said to use the business card instead of 4x6 :)

unfortunately that was business card! :o(

> cat foo.log | perl spike3.pl > foo.out
>
> less foo.out

OK

> 1. do you see any sort of packets repeating every few seconds? should be a
> clear pattern, that is usually the system asking the scanner it's current
> status (paper status, lid status, buttons status, lamp hot status, etc)
>
> 2. go down through those repeated packets and look for a change in the
> contents of a packet from the scanner. that will be lamp getting hot, or
> you doing something to the scanner. see how the system responds...
>
> you should be able to get a feel for what a 'command' looks like. ie: on a
> fujitsu, you see something like:
>
> 31 byte command goes down to scanner, another block of varying length goes
> either back to the system or down to the scanner, and a 13 byte status
> command is read back from the scanner.
>
> so then you can build a list of 'this command writes a block, this one
> reads, etc'
>
> allan

Right, many thanks.

Keith