[sane-devel] RE: In Search of a Master

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:32:32 +0000

> /*Declare any prototypes */
> SANE_Int fd;
> SANE_Status sanei_usb_open (SANE_String_Const devname, SANE_Int *dn);
> void sanei_usb_close (SANE_Int dn);
> void sanei_usb_init (void);

I'm telling you for the third time: these prototypes have no place in
your C file, they are defined in headers which are to be included.

> /* Try to close the USB device */
> sanei_usb_close(&fd);

No. sanei_usb_close() takes a SANE_Int, not a SANE_Int*. In English,
get rid of that "&".

> hubba.c: In function `main':
> hubba.c:19: warning: passing arg 1 of `sanei_usb_close' makes integer from pointer without a cast
> /tmp/ccwP9p1i.o(.text+0x1e): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `sanei_usb_open'
> /tmp/ccwP9p1i.o(.text+0x2e): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `sanei_usb_close'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You must link against the relevant libraries, with -l parameters. By
far the easiest way of doing it right is to copy your file into the
backend directory with sane-backends and to modify Makefile.in in the
directory to include your backend in the build. I don't even know off
the top of my head which libraries to link against.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/