[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 30 usb scanner won't scan but passes -T tests

Christopher Marshall christopherlmarshall@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:09:35 -0800 (PST)

I am using sane front end 1.0.11 and backend 1.0.13 on slackware linux 9.0.

I configured /etc/sane.d/sane.plustek.conf thusly:

   [usb] 0x4a9 0x220e
   device /dev/usb/scanner0

When I ran scanimage -L, all of the tests passed.

When I try to run scanimage > image.pnm, I can see the scanner being calibrated and the internal
bar being moved but when it comes time to scan the image, I get a brief noise, the bar never moves
past the initial set point, and the image written is all black.

Any ideas?

Chris Marshall