[Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] saned doesn't release the parallel port when finished]

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:36:00 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 10:13:38AM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> Can anyone help me with the following?

I had already answered to your first posting, no need to repeat it
twice :-)

I'll repost my answer:
------------------------ snip ----------------------------
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 10:51:59AM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> 2) scanimage -T - works fine
> 3) scanimage > /dev/null - starts fine then hangs

scanimage -T doesn't do much different then scanimage >/file. It's
just stops the scan before it's finishe.

> 4) scanimage -T - works fine subsequent to a hang (I kill the process to
> get out of it).
> 5) saned -d128 and scanimage -d net:localhost:mustek_pp:Mustek-1200CP -
> starts fine but then hangs (see attached).

The logfile doesn't show anything unusual. The file even seems to be
closed, but the call to sane_exit seems to be missing.

> Can anyone advise what I should try next?

SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=255 saned -d128

may show some more debug messages. Run scanimage as above.

In short i believe it's a backend (mustek_pp) problem.