[sane-devel] saned doesn't release the parallel port when finished]

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:18:22 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 02:13:49PM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> appologies for the double post, I've been having problems with my email.
>
> The problem has taken a new twist (as you can see from the attached).  I'm
> sure the configuration files are setup correctly as follows;
>
> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
> net, pnm are uncommented
>
> /etc/sane.d/saned.conf
> localhost is uncommented and /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf are setup
> correctly
>
> /etc/sane.d/mustek_pp.conf
> scanner Mustek-1200CP parport0 cis1200

[...]

> [mustek_pp] cis_attach: couldn't attach to `parport0' (Invalid argument)
> [mustek_pp] sane_open: unknown devicename ``Mustek-1200CP''

This time it's not related to saned. The scanner is just not detected.
The same should happen if you scan directly without saned.

I think you can get more debug infor with
"SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_PA4S2=255". But that's really not releated to saned
and as it worked before, i guess you changed something :-)