[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:08:23 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 09:09:56AM +0900, Julian Gough wrote:
> Under windows it is reported as an Epson Perfection 1270, and seems to
> work, but the software is in Japanese.
>
> I can see that the 1250 and 1260 use the plustek driver. I've configured
> /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf as follows:
>  [usb] 0x04B8 0x0120
>  device auto
>
> but still I get nothing detected. I can see no way to try to *force* the
> plustek driver to be used so that I can see if it works.

You may also try the snapscan backend. At least the 1670 is supported
by that backend. Maybe these scanners are similar? But you will need
the latest development version of SANE. Maybe the manintainer of the
snapscan backend has heard baout that scanner: Oliver Schwartz
<Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de>