[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 5300c

Adam Ritchie adam@lni.net
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 07:08:35 -0500

Hi all, has anyone got the hp 5300c to work with sane 1.0.9 or 1.0.10?  I=
 just=20
recently downloaded, compiled and installed 1.0.10 without any problems. =
=20
When I try to scan something, it gets about 11 or 12% through the scan an=
d=20
then the scan hangs and about 1 minute later - linux crashes.  I am runni=
ng=20
MDK 8.1, kde 3.0.3, kernel 2.4.18.  I am just curious as to what the=20
avision.conf should look like.  Scanimage -L finds the scanner no problem=
 at=20
/dev/sg0.  Do I need to leave the buffer size at the default of 128k or=20
should that be changed?  Oh, by the way the scanner's rev. is 6.0 if that=
=20
makes any difference or not.  I've also so tried some of the suggestions =
from=20
the man pages but they didn't make any difference.

Regards,
Adam Ritchie