[sane-devel] avision: Out of memory

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:52:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

On: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:44:32 +0100,
    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> =

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 01:24:37AM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:

> That's suspicious. I don't think you can ignore
> sanei_scsi_max_request_size. If you send larger requests, it won't wo=
rk.
> But maybe I'm missing something here?
> =

> IIRC the default size is 128 kb on Linux (and may be lower on other
> systems). So if the inquiry buffer size is bigger than that, it won't=

> work. You could use sanei_scsi_open_extended to set a bigger SCSI siz=
e. But you
> still must check if the bigger size was accepted.

Hm. It works just fine reading 160kB using hpusbscsi on my HP Scanjet
5300 ... - Just vanilla source, nothing hacked.

Maybe I should use the sanei_scsi_open_extende and modify the
hpusbscsi module to let me pass such a huge amount of data ... (As far
as I can tell such a big transfer is currently only needed for the USB
devices. The SCSI ones can return the calibration data in smaller
junks ...)

> Maybe you set SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE to a bigger value in your init
> scripts? If SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=3D255 is set, you should see the si=
ze
> of your sg buffer.

No. I do not manipulate the BUFFERSIZE ...

> Bye,
>   Henning

- Ren=E9

--  =