[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:48:26 +0100

I've updated my kernel to a recener version and Sane to the latest
stable version:
linux-2.4.20 (from kernel.org)
sane-backends-1.0.10
sane-frontends-1.0.10

I've find an old document (2001) saying to use
./configure --enable-scsibuffersize=32768 for avision backend with
HP5370C and I've added this parameter.

xscanimage begans to work, but only with 100dpi, and the "Out of memory"
message do not occur any more. Nice!
Scan preview do not works and other resolutions give distorted results
and some time hangs the (USB ?) drivers (the scanner is not found with
scanimage -L after xscanimage fail)

Patrick
|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         | http://most.hmg.inpg.fr          |
|  Patrick BEGOU           |       ------------               |
|  LEGI                    | mailto:Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35               |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71               |