[sane-devel] The xscanimage failed allocate image memory by CanoscanFB1200S

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:26:46 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:46:17PM +0900, mitsuru okaniwa wrote:
> When I used xscanimage (I like a xscanimage of the frontend) by
> CanoscanFB1200S(using SCSI), I got some problem.

This is with the canon backend? I'm asking because I can't find this
scanner in the lists.

> First the preview window appears taking a long time after clicking the
> Acquire Preview button.
> Then using preview scan at 1200 dpi, I got the error message box which said
> "Failed allocate image memory: memory".

The preview shouldn't depend on the dpi value that is set up but uses
it's own (lower) dpi. At least that's what should happen. See
src/preview.c preview_scan() for details.

The error happens in increment_image_y(). Can you find out what's
wrong there? Maybe the backend's parameters (e.g. bytes per line) are
wrong/too high? Please add a view debug prints.

Please also show us the output of "scanimage --help" for this scanner
so we can see, how the resolution option looks like.

> So, I cannot get the preview image.
> At lower than 1200 dpi, an acquirement of preview is OK.
> And a real scan is very good, no problem.
>
> Is this problem in acquirement of preview at 1200 dpi corrected?
>
> The XSane is no problem with preview scan and real scan at 1200 dpi.
>
> Is this problem by only CanoscanFB1200S?
> Is there the same problem for other scanner?

I have never heard about such a problem and it doesn't happen here
with Mustek scanners.