[sane-devel] mac osx: cannot build scanimage

Peter O'Gorman peter@pogma.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:04:48 +0900

Yes, it is because you have a libdl somewhere, but that is not part of
the standard OS distribution. sane-backends builds fine if there is no
libdl. Perhaps the code should be changed to be

#if defined(HAVE_DLOPEN) && defined(HAVE_DLFCN_H) &&
!defined(HAVE_NSLINKMODULE)
#define USE_DLOPEN 1
#endif

and change the rest of the stuff to #ifdef USE_DLOPEN, but I don't
think it is really needed, because the idea was that it would compile
on a plain vanilla OS X, which it does quite nicely.

Now, if only it worked for all the backends :/.

Peter