[sane-devel] Translators wanted

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:25:16 +0100

Hi All!

Gee... I forgot once again about the 'reply to' scheme of sane-devel...
Sorry Henning.

 > If you speak a language that's not supported by sane yet it would be
 > appreciated if you could translate the backend options to your
 > language. Backend options are the options that describe the scanner
 > capabilities like "Scanmode" or "Bitdepth".
 >
 > Also updates of the currently existing translation files are
 > appreciated.
 >
 > Here is the current status of the translations:
 > French: (sane-backends.fr.po)
 >   139 translated messages, 75 fuzzy translations, 347 untranslated
 > messages. Quite some work left.

I volunteer for french translations.

I'll be starting as of sunday 20030209 12:00PM GMT+0100 because of personal
duties in the meantime.

Am getting the source right now, and will post a schedule as soon as I've
started reading the messages to translate.

Well, download finished (while I was wondering why my mesasges wasn't posted
in the first place! Hahaha!!).

Scheduling 50% of translations to be done by sunday evening (08:00PM GMT+0100).
I will first be translating messages I know for sure the meaning (that looks
like around 50%).

Scheduling translations left to be done by the end of the next WE (sunday
20030216).

Then I'll post the .fr.po file to be reviewed by other french speaking
people. Depending on answers, scheduling a release of .fr.po with at least
90% correct translations by sunday 20030223 or sooner.

Does that look like a sensible planning?

Regards,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home  822 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |