[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 10:41:07 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

On: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:48:26 +0100,
    Patrick Begou <Patrick.Begou@hmg.inpg.fr> wrote:

> I've updated my kernel to a recener version and Sane to the latest
> stable version:
> linux-2.4.20 (from kernel.org)
> sane-backends-1.0.10
> sane-frontends-1.0.10
> =

> I've find an old document (2001) saying to use =

> ./configure --enable-scsibuffersize=3D32768 for avision backend with
> HP5370C and I've added this parameter.

I do not know where you found this. But fiddeling with the buffersize
is a don't-do-that, especially for the Avision USB scanner. They more
likely need a bigger one (like 180kB ...). Please use the default -
which works fine here.

I'm also writing code to dynamically handle any buffer-size, as
suggested on the sane-ml ...

> xscanimage begans to work, but only with 100dpi, and the "Out of memo=
ry"
> message do not occur any more. Nice!
> Scan preview do not works and other resolutions give distorted result=
> and some time hangs the (USB ?) drivers (the scanner is not found wit=

Yes. The hpusbscsi is not that robust ...

> scanimage -L after xscanimage fail)
> =

> Patrick

- Ren=E9