[sane-devel] Scanimage failure with HP ScanJet 7450C

TomF TomF@sjpc.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:21:03 -0800

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 10:42:51 +0100 (CET)
Rene Rebe <rene.rebe@gmx.net> wrote:

> I have a lent hp 7450 here and work on the ADF code.
>
> But normal scanning works just fine with the latest release from:
>
> The web locations:
>
>   - SANE/Avision homepage:
>     http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/
>
>   - Sourcecode:
>     http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/src/

I'll try installing sane-backends-1.0.10, and let you know the results.
Do I have to wait until the avision web server comes up again to
download it?

I am new to Linux, but have 27 years programming experience, the last
few in C++, and, after a four year hiatus, have just done some C
programming (including CVS update) in Linux.  If you would like a code
review and development testing of your ADF code, I am available.  I
might even be able to contribute patches.

I currently use ABBYY FineReader 6.0 under dual boot Windows XP to do
scanning.  FineReader works for OCR under Windows 98/Win4Lin 4.0/Redhat
8.0, but there is no TWAIN driver.  I would like to try getting
TWAIN-SANE working in this evironment after I get scanimage working with
my HP 7450C, and get the ADF working.

Tom Frayne