[sane-devel] OS/2 device driver for HP7450C

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:27:35 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:13:20AM -0800, Ron Cemer wrote:
[SCSI-over-USB]
> I'm already working on this in the fujitsu driver.  I've almost gotten
> it working.  Fujitsu is supposed to get back to me with the specs on the
> chip that they're using to do the USB and SCSI interface.  After I get
> it working, you can probably use the same technique for any other
> scanners which have both a SCSI and a USB interface.

If it's really the same scheme for all scanners, I propose to write a
sanei/sanei_uos.c (usb ober scsi) file and provide an interface
similar to sanei_scsi.c. So SANE backends can use SCSI and USB
scanners without much change.