[sane-devel] OS/2 device driver for HP7450C

Ron Cemer ron@roncemer.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:54:23 -0800

>>I'm already working on this in the fujitsu driver.  I've almost gotten
>>it working.  Fujitsu is supposed to get back to me with the specs on the
>>chip that they're using to do the USB and SCSI interface.  After I get
>>it working, you can probably use the same technique for any other
>>scanners which have both a SCSI and a USB interface.
>>

>If it's really the same scheme for all scanners, I propose to write a
>sanei/sanei_uos.c (usb ober scsi) file and provide an interface
>similar to sanei_scsi.c. So SANE backends can use SCSI and USB
>scanners without much change.

I think that's a great idea.  Just to get it working quickly, I'm doing
most of the changes inside of fujitsu.c.  But...if someone would like to
adapt my changes into a sanei_uos.c file, I think that would be great.