[sane-devel] Canon scanner

Michael Laajanen michael_laajanen@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:37:25 -0800 (PST)

HI,

I have a Redhat 8.0 installation and a USB connected scanner from
Canon, CanoScan D646U which I can not make work.

I have tried the Redhat provided SANE without success so I just
downloaded and compiled sane-backends-1.0.11 into my home directory and
home/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the libs are poiting correct.

When executing sane-find-scanner I can see the scanner at
/dev/usb/scanner0, so I added usb  /dev/usb/scanner0 to the file at
install_path/etc/sane.d/canon.conf.

Any ide whats wrong? I also edited the canon630u.conf and recompiled so
my USB device ID matches in a desperate mov :)

[mila@localhost backend]$ more canon630u.conf
# Options for the canonusb backend

# Autodetect the Canon CanoScan FB630u
#usb 0x04a9 0x2204

# Autodetect the Canon CanoScan D646u
usb 0x04a9 0x220b

/michael

=====
--
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge