[sane-devel] mac osx w/ epson backend status

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:43:56 -0500 (EST)

Henning Meier-Geinitz said:
[ ... ]

>>  o What reports of success with the sane-epson backend with perfection
>>
>> 6363 have been made?

I run into the same problems with my system. I suspect that this is a
problem with libusb. I can communicate with the scanner to setup a
scan operation (that means I can send commands and request information
from the scanner). When the actual scan starts, I receive the first
batch of data, but my acknowledge message never makes it to the scanner,
so the scanner never continues with sending more image data.

I am no USB expert, and my knowledge of MacOS X is limited as well, so all
I can say is that it works with other operating systems... Which is a
pretty strong indication that my code is correct.

Karl Heinz