[Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] wrong colors]

Christoph Knauer christoph.knauer@web.de
13 Feb 2003 10:10:42 +0100

--=-Cqqx5NLOTmVYRMr9sAMS

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:43:24 +0100
From: eddy_de_greef@tiscali.be
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] wrong colors
To: "Christoph Knauer" <christoph.knauer@web.de>
Sender: eddy_de_greef@tiscali.be

Christoph Knauer wrote:
>> I'm not sure, it might be a data transfer problem but as well a bug in
>> the software. There are no wrong placed pixels in the image, only the
>> colors are swappped?
>
>Only colors swapped. The pixel seems to be all ok, only wrong colors.
>
>When I stop xsane, and start it again an do a preview without any
>changings e.g. of format all is ok. Now I change the scan /
>preview-area, and sometimes the colors are ok, and sometimes not ok. I
>tried it out with paper-pictures and color-negatives using lightlid-35.

It may be an xsane problem after all. I have seen exactly the same
symptoms with xsane on a Mustek parallel port CIS scanner (for which
I wrote the driver). For me it only happens with resolutions >600 DPI,
and I always thought that it was a bug in the driver.
I can't say I have ever seen it with xscanimage, but I'll try to
investigate a bit further.

Eddy

U surft met een klassieke telefoonlijn?
Bespaar dan nu met Tiscali Complete