[sane-devel] Auto feeding docs

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:58:57 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:53:51PM -0600, JT Moree wrote:
> I am 99% sure that in an earlier version of xsane that there was a  button
> somewhere to load the next document from an ADF.  I can't seem to find this
> button anymore.  Does it exist?

No idea. But that depends on the backend (hp), not on the frontend
(xsane).

> I can put docs into the HP G85 ADF and hit scan or preview.  The next doc is fed
> in BUT, I cannot find a way to preview the page, select part of it, then scan
> it, then load the next one, and repeat.
>
> It seems to me that a checkbox could be used in the preview window that might say
> [ ] Preview does not auto-load

Also backend-related.

> for that matter does it even make sense for the preview button to auto-eject and
> load another page.  It was a preview after all. . .

Sounds reasonable. Can your scanner do this? I know only the Mustek
ADF scanners and they can only scan every image once because after the
scan, the paper is in the bay for already scanned papers and can't be
fetched anymore. But your scanner is most probably different.