[sane-devel] Fujitsu USB scanner support working!

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:27:29 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> I think it's ok. The epson backend checks for "usb vendor product" and
> calls sanei_usb_attach_matching_devices if it find such a line.
> Otherwise it checks for "usb" and calls attach for the device name. If
> it's not "usb", it calls sanei_config_attach_matching_devices(line,
> attach_one);

Are you sure that the "epson" backend understands something other than
fixed devices? I have tried

usb 0x04b8 0x0112

for my Epson Perfection 2450 and the "epson" backend did not find it.
The only way to get this scanner working is to use a fixed address as

usb /dev/usb/scanner1

    Till