[sane-devel] wrong colors

Christoph Knauer christoph.knauer@web.de
14 Feb 2003 16:31:08 +0100

Am Fre, 2003-02-14 um 12.54 schrieb Karsten Festag:
> Hi,
> > Hi Karsten,
> > SCSI with Adaptec AHA2940
> there should be no problem.
> >
> > > What SANE version do you use?
> > Seems to be 1.0.7 SuSE
> >
> Is scanimage driving the scanner and producing an image?
> Is there possibly more than one installation of SANE? Make sure there's only
> one!

Scanning with xsane ok? It's producing images as well, or sometimes with
wrong colors ;-)

> > > I'm not sure, it might be a data transfer problem but as well a bug in
> > the
> > > software. There are no wrong placed pixels in the image, only the
> > colors are
> > > swappped?
> >
> > Only colors swapped. The pixel seems to be all ok, only wrong colors.
> Then it shouldn't be a data transfer problem.
>

> > When I stop xsane, and start it again an do a preview without any
> > changings e.g. of format all is ok. Now I change the scan /
> > preview-area, and sometimes the colors are ok, and sometimes not ok. I
> > tried it out with paper-pictures and color-negatives using lightlid-35.
> >
> > The scanner is connected to my server, but xsane must run on my desktop,
> > because there is only in the server a hostadapter, and my desktop does
> > not work very well with this adapter.

Could be a problem with wrong group /dev/sg0 (the scanner) belongs to?
I've a look, and /dev/sg0 was root.cdrecording (i think, k3bsetup
changed it), but my cd-devices are sr0 and sr1, and they're working.

Ok, i've send the logs as pm
Nice weekend, too

Christoph