[sane-devel] Fujitsu USB scanner support working!

Ron Cemer ron@roncemer.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:51:22 -0800

It's definitely a bug.  And you're right, it's still not working in the
epson module, even when you change the sscanf from %d to %i, so there's
probably another bug somewhere.

However, when I copied the same code into fujitsu.c, changed the sscanf
from %d to %i, and on success (sscanf returns 2) I call
sanei_usb_attach_matching_devices(...) [instead of
sanei_config_attach_matching_devices], I can now configure my fujitsu
scanner using "usb 0x04c5 0x1042", and scanimage recognizes the scanner
and I am able to scan just fine.  My guess is that either
sanei_config_attach_matching_devices has a bug, or possibly more likely,
it's more appropriate to call sanei_usb_attach_matching_devices, since
we know for sure that we're trying to attach a USB device.