[sane-devel] scanning 'semi-thick' slides in sane ?

wolfi wolfi_z@gmx.net
15 Feb 2003 09:53:02 +0100

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 10:17, A E Lawrence wrote:

 (...)

>  I am not an expert, but I have an Epson 1640 with TPU.  I think that
> these two settings are in the hardware and that there is nothing that
> the software can do about that. But surely you were provided with a pack
> of various slide and film holders which allow you to position the film
> in various places? There is a set provided with the 1640. Otherwise, you
> probably want to place the slides on top of a suitable slide glass/cover
> so that the image plane is 2.5mm above the glass? Not that it will
> necessarily make a huge difference with the resolution of the scanner?
>
> ael

Hi,

Concerning the hardware issue I might try to find out something in the
Epson manual ... The slide and film holder which came along with the
scanner gives you the possibility to adjust either naked film strips or
a couple of framed slides in a row - no spacer for adjusting the
distance. I was already thinking about getting myself such a spacer - it
just needs to be 50*50 outer dimension, 36*36 inner dimension and 1.25
mm in thickness, but it must be good in flatness, and that's what I'm
worried about in self-manufacturing :-)

Cheers ... Wolfi
mailto:wolfi_z@gmx.net