[sane-devel] Slightly off topic, but somewhat germain

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:45:52 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 04:34:46PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Problem:  I have a digital camera, an Olympus C3020.  It mounts as a
> vfat filesystem disk device, normally /dev/sda1, but is usb
> interface based.  I have all the usb stuff compiled into the
> kernel.
>
> If its turned on, and has not been mounted in this uptime session,
> even xsane finds it when started.  I'm not sure it knows what to do
> with it, but it finds it.

How is it detected? As a gphoto2 device? What does scanimage -L show?

> I can mount it once per reboot.  If I then unmount it, take it away,
> go take a couple of pix and bring it back, before I can re-mount
> it, I must reboot.  It doesn't matter if its plugged in and turned
> on when the reboot is done, just that I've got to reboot before I
> can remount it to read the next pix.
>
> Is this a known kernel code usb problem?

There have been some reports about problems with USB mass-storage.
Please have a look at the archive of linux-usb-users (and maybe
linux-usb-devel). See http://www.linux-usb.org for these mailing
lists. If you don't find anything, write to linux-usb-users. Provide
as many details as possible (cat /proc/bus/usb/devices, kernel
messages and when they do happen (plug-in, mount, umount)).