[sane-devel] Using a Visioneer Strobe XP 100 or Syscan Travelscan 464 with SANE (long)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:23:23 +0100

Hi,

first you should find out why the Plustek backend refuses to work!
There are at least two points:
- make sure that the backend can access the scanner device
- make sure to have appropriate device entries in the plustek-devs.c file

Then also decide how to access the scanner:
sane-find-scanner says libusb:001:005
but you tried to use /dev/usb/scanner0
this does not work!!!

- unload scanner.o
- patch the plustek.conf file, use only the following entry:
[usb]
device auto

This should help so far...
If not: try
export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=12 ; scanimage -L
and send us the output for further analysis
Cheers
  Gerhard