[sane-devel] Putting a scan into a tiff file

Joachim Backes Joachim Backes <backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:03:44 +0100 (CET)

On 19-Feb-2003 Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
>  Hi Joachim,
>
>  thank you for the test file. You are saving the TIFF-files with a
>  JPEG-compression in xsane. At least xpaint is not capable of handling
>  JPEG-compressed TIFF-files correctly.

And: ImageMagick
And: xv
And: ???

If such a lot of tools have problems with tiff's standardly produced
by xsane, than the defaults of xsane should be changed to the solution
you are outlining below.

But: 1. I did not find any control in the xsane preferences menu
        for changing this tiff compression mode.
     2. When saving a scan (to tiff), I did not find any control
        in the save menu for changing the tiff compression mode.

Question: how to change?

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, High Performance Computing  | Phone: +49-631-205-2438