[sane-devel] Restarting scanner

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:27:51 +0100

Hi,

> > If I understand you cirrectly, there is no problem, and the
> > scanner just takes some time to respond to commands after
> > plug-in. Rebooting gives enough time so you don't notice it in
> > this case.
>
> I reckon so.

Sorry for kicking in somewhat late, but I have been to places where no
computer exist in the last few days...

The snapscan backend should handle the warming up phase correctly (and
it does so here on my machine with an Acer 620). So, in theory, you
should be able to start xsane immediately after powering on your
scanner. If you can't it's a bug in the backend. In this case please
send me a debug log from the failed attempt: run
"SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 xsane 2>debug.log" immediately after
powering on your scanner and send me the debug.log file.

-Oliver