[sane-devel] HP5400 backend progress

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:19:17 +1100

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 03:11:44PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> You are talking about sane-hp5400.so that's in your package?
> ls -l sane-hp5400.so
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 hmg      hmg         83577 2003-02-23 13:52 sane-hp5400.so
>=20
> nm sane-hp5400.so|grep sane
> 000056cc T sane_hp5400_cancel
> 00004f48 T sane_hp5400_close
> [...]
>=20
> There is no sane_init (etc.). That may work if you load the library by
> the dll meta backend but you can't link to it from a frontend directly.

Interesting. I havn't tried to get it loaded by a frontend directly. I've
only tried indirectly via the dll meta-backend. Obviously I've missed
something somewhere...

> So are you sure that sane_init of your backend is called at all?

It is via the dll backend. It spits out messages about opening and reading
the config file. It then opens the usb port and confirms the scanner is on
the other end. And then the frontend exitssaying it oculdn't find a scanner.

> If you set the appropriate links and run it with the dll backend you
> get:
> [dll] load: searching backend hp5400' in /usr/local/lib/sane'
> [dll] load: trying to load /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-hp5400.so.1'
> [dll] load: dlopen()ing /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-hp5400.so.1'
> [dll] init: initializing backend hp5400'
> [dll] init: backend hp5400' has a wrong major version (0 instead of 1)
>=20
> Maybe that's because V_MAJOR and V_MINOR is set by sane-backend's
> configure?

Hmm, I had to make up some numbers for those #defines. Nothing on my system
complained about them being wrong. Are they defined in sane-config.h?
Because I know I don't have that file.

Thanks for looking at it. I check again tonight.
--=20
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--