[sane-devel] How to install Epson Perfection 1260 Photo

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
25 Feb 2003 09:09:01 +0900

"Jaeger, Gerhard" <gerhard@gjaeger.de> writes:

> On Montag, 24. Februar 2003 18:53, mail@lnet.nl wrote:
> > I recently bought a Epson Perfection 1260 Photo.
> > But I don't have any clue how to install it under Linux.
> > Can someone please help me.
> > (I am using Red Hat Linux 8.0)
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Where's your problem?
> Simply install at least SANE-1.0.10 on your box and configure the
> Plustek-Backend, how this is done, please check the available
> manuals.
> If all the "written" stuff doesn't help, please come back with the
> specific problem.

Alternatively, use Image Scan! available at:

  http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/lsd_dwn_e.html

It supports the Perfection 1260 PHOTO via a proprietary module :-( but
at least it works.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2