[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:42:29 +0800

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your response.

Oliver Schwartz wrote:

- snip -

> Is your SCSI card recognised in Linux (i.e. what's the output of
> "cat /proc/scsi/scsi")?

$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX160E   Rev: 1.0e
   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

It looks the SCSI card detected.

> If so, does sane-find-scanner find your scanner?

No

$ sane-find-scanner
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal
# Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners
# that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that
# is connected to a parallel or proprietary port.

# You may want to run this program as super-user to find all devices.
# Once you found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access
# permissions as necessary.

# If your scanner uses SCSI, you must have a driver for your SCSI
# adapter and support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your Operating System
# in order for the scanner to be used with SANE. If your scanner is
# NOT listed above, check that you have installed the drivers.

> I don't know where xsane got the "setup" device. Did you specify any
> command line arguments? (You shouldn't).

I am searching around the "setup" device/step for xsane.  I have been
looking around its website either.

Can any folk on the list help

B.Regards
Stephen Liu