[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:23:47 +0800

Hi Hwnninf,

Thanks for your response.

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> - snip -
>
> Ok. Please tell us more about your system:

Standalone PC
OS   RH7.3
Xsane  installed as standard installation (I have no idea to run its setup)
IDE Writer
IDE CDRom
Scanner connected to a ISA SCSI card

- snip -

> Your problem is not related to xsane (that's "just" the graphical
> application, the scanner access is done in the SANE backends).
> It's a problem of your kernel or hardware. First make sure that your
> scanner is detected in /proc/scsi/scsi, then you can go on with
> sane-find-scanner, scanimage and xsane.

as root
# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX160E   Rev: 1.0e
   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

/var/log/messages
Feb 26 10:20:05 server kernel: scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for
IDE ATAPI devices
Feb 26 10:20:05 server kernel:   Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX160E
    Rev: 1.0e
Feb 26 10:20:05 server kernel:   Type:   CD-ROM

I think the ISA SCSI card is not detected.

B.Regards
Stephen Liu