Re[2]: [sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:56:58 +0100

Hello Stephen,

SL> Standalone PC
SL> OS   RH7.3
SL> Xsane  installed as standard installation (I have no idea to run its se=
tup)
SL> IDE Writer
SL> IDE CDRom
SL> Scanner connected to a ISA SCSI card

ok

SL> as root
SL> # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
SL> Attached devices:
SL> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
SL>    Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX160E   Rev: 1.0e
SL>    Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

SL> /var/log/messages
SL> Feb 26 10:20:05 server kernel: scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for=
=20
SL> IDE ATAPI devices
SL> Feb 26 10:20:05 server kernel:   Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX160=
E=20
SL>     Rev: 1.0e
SL> Feb 26 10:20:05 server kernel:   Type:   CD-ROM

SL> I think the ISA SCSI card is not detected.

I think you are right! Try to find out what type of scsi-card you have
installed. May be Win helps you with some information from device
manager, more or less the scsi chip is the decisive information you
should get.

With this information you should tell RH to load the appropriate driver
for that card. It=B4s very likely that Xsane will work afterwards.

Good luck!
Holger