[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:37:32 +0100

Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi Martijn,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> su
> password
>
> # /sbin/modprobe aha152x aha152x=0x140,10 (enter)
> no response
>
> # /sbin/modprobe aha152x aha152x=0x140,9 (enter)
> it hanged there for long time compelling me to restart the Koncole Window
>
> Restarted Konsole Window
>
> # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>        Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX160E   Rev: 1.0e
>        Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>        Vendor:          Model:                  Rev:
>        Type:   <NULL>                ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff

That "smells" like a cabling problem or some other hardware issue. The
adapter driver seems to find some sort of deice, but probably can't read
the result of the usual SCSI INQUIRY command. At least the field "type"
should be "scanner" or perhaps "processor".

Please check /var/log/messages, if there is any entry from the aha152x
driver, when you insmod thatz module.

Abel