[sane-devel] usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:39:28 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:27:49PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Ok.  Did that.  BTW -- on boot the messages delay for about 4 seconds
> each.

Could be correct, I remeber that the timeout for control messages i 4
or 5 seconds.

> > If this doesn't help, or you get more of these messages or if you get
> > "excessive NAK's received" this is a sign for real errors. E.g.
> > defective cables or defective hardware. Maybe also problems in the USB
> > layer can cause this error, but I don't remember this being reported.
>
> Ok.  Although to isolate that problem means buying a new scanner!

Do you have any other USb devices? Or maybe you have different USb
root hubs? I would first check that it's really the scanner, e.g. by
using a different operating system and trying at a different computer.
Maybe it's the mainboard and then you have the same problem with the
next scanner...

> Any highly recommended USB models?

Check the archives of sane-devel.