[sane-devel] HP ScanJet IIcx /T --- any hope?

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 09:41:51 +0100

Hi,

from the logfile is see that everything is working well up to that point
when the scan-data is read from the scanner. It immediately fails when
trying to read 32768 bytes of data.
You are using the option dumb-read of the hp-backend. What happens
without that option ? If scanning fails earlier, I would say the problem
is the kernel driver of the card. This option could be used for Buslogic
cards to work around a problem of the corresponding kernel driver.
It simply reads data from the scanner bytewise until an error occurs.
This makes sense for small amount of data when setting up options in the
scanner. But it makes no sense when reading the image data.
Just for a test please drop the option dumb-read and rerun scanimage
to create a new logfile.

--Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner