[sane-devel] "hp4200" driver patch for SANE 1.0.9

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 19:01:15 +0100

Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@gmx.net> wrote:

> I didn't test whether the driver is actually working with SANE 1.0.9,
> as I don't have the appropriate scanner. But the patch works and after
> compiling SANE the "hp4200" backend is there.

I included the backend in the libsane-extras Debian package, and I've
got a few (one or two) success reports with it. Since then, SANE 1.0.9
made its way into the Debian archive and nobody complained,
so... either it "works"[*] or nobody uses it :)

Frank Zago said on October 30th that he was working on the backend,
but nothing else has happened since then. Any news ?

JB.

[*] IIRC the backend only supports a few features

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb@jblache.org>